Different Methods Under Investigation
At the four Iller barrages Altusried, Fluhmühle, Legau and Maria Steinbach, the project partners are testing different methods over a length of 200 meters each:
- Placement of gravel in combination with groynes
- large-scale gravel placement in the middle of the river to create suitable water structures
- Targeted removal of bank reinforcements and thus promotion of independent erosion of the banks
- shoreline design with predatory trees and structures close to the banks
- Development of floodplain habitats in bypass waters
By means of bedload addition and bank widening, suitable sites for typical riparian and floodplain vegetation are to be created in the tailwaters of the barrages.